I've just finished piecing the main part of this quilt top this morning. I made it by piecing several separate panels first (as seen in my last post) and then laid them out on my bed and started to figure out how to add to them, make them bigger and, ultimately, join them together, whilst trying to keep the different colours spread out fairly evenly. Hubby is away on work for a few days, so I didn't feel guilty about covering our bed with bits of fabric! It's actually not quite big enough, so I will need to add a border or two, and will probably have to have a bit of a think about what fabric to use for that (any suggestions welcome!) In the meantime, there is a backing to put together too - I am trying very hard to use up what fabric I have in my stash, so that back will also be a mishmash of fat quarters and whatever other pieces I can put my hands on! As this is going to be a summer quilt for our bed, I have plenty of time to work on this, but I do know for certain that there is no way I will be able to baste it, and I'm not even sure about quilting it either. I really enjoyed the mix of machine and hand quilting I did on my last, much smaller quilt, but I'm really not sure that my machine, or my hands for that matter, will be able to cope with such a large beast. I've never sent a quilt out for quilting before, but I might have to save up for it this time!