Just thought I'd sneak this one in quickly before we go off tomorrow. Jessica at Turkey Cookies did the "6 quirks" meme and invited anyone who read her blog to join in, so I thought I would!
1. My favourite meal of the day is breakfast - cereal, toast, fry up, pancakes, French toast - I love them all! It's the one meal where you can start with something sweet! When we visited the States way back in 96 I was in breakfast heaven! Most days I try to be fairly restrained and just have toast or cereal - which leads me to no 2...
2. I put orange juice on my cereal instead of milk. I don't drink milk (unless it's flavoured) and discovered this adaptation many years ago when I was about 10, I think. Some people think this is seriously weird, but I have come across others who do the same so at least I'm not alone!
3. I cannot swallow tablets. I have to take them with food, chewing up a bit of something and then pushing the pill into the mushed up food before swallowing. I am well aware of the irony that the lump of food is way bigger than the pill contained within it, but I just have some kind of mental block and have never been able to do this. At the hospital on Tuesday, William was brought a painkilling tablet and swallowed it with water without any problem at all despite never having taken tablets before!
4. I am squeamish about, amongst other things, bananas. I remember as a child my brothers taunting me with the skins and the little stringy bits that come off the banana! I have managed to overcome this enough to be able to peel a banana for Joe, but if he gives me the skin I will hold it by my fingertips only - my nose is wrinkling just thinking about it.
5. I have never been drunk. I don't drink at all, purely because I have never found anything that I liked the taste of. I have lost count of the number of times someone would say "oh, have you tried this, you can't taste the alcohol" - I ALWAYS taste it - and to me it just tastes yuk.
6. I have only ever lived in 3 homes - the one where I grew up and my parents still live, and two homes with Peter - all in Kent. So far, my kids have only lived in the home that we are in now.
Ok, the last one's not really a quirk, I know, but I couldn't think of anything else so just included that "random" fact.
Have a great weekend everyone.
P.S. William is pretty much back to normal, not even any bruising, amazingly! He must be made of rubber.