Once again, it seems to have gotten to Wednesday and I have loads I was going to tell you, but didn't yet get around to it. The seaside swap has been taking up a lot of space in my head! So I'm just going to do a quick update instead, and then hopefully get back to normal, regular blogging again asap.
* Williams' school drama club production of Bugsy Malone was fantastic! The kids had a total ball, William got "pied" and we all got squirted with silly string and water during the big fight scene at the end. (And Joe was as good as gold for my dad - he can definitely babysit again!)
* I made the "prop" for Will's French themed costume (be warned, it is really corny, you will groan!)
It's a conker. William the "Conkerer"!! I know, I know, really bad joke but hopefully it might make the teachers smile!
* Sunday (wow, what a gorgeous day that was!) we were up at the in-laws and spent a really nice day with Peter's side of the family.
* Monday was spent just mooching about at home. And although I have a million other things to be done first, I actually spent some time working on a prototype of an idea I had for the swap. You know when you get an idea in your head and it just won't stop bugging you until you act on it? Yeah, it was like that, I'd had this idea and just couldn't rest until I'd had a go at turning it into reality.
And you know what? It turned out really well. So very happy me!
* Today, Joe got walloped by the Wii remote, when William was playing golf and took a swing when Joe was stood right behind him. Got him right in the eye, which now has a lovely bruise, but thankfully seems otherwise ok. And the moral of this story? If you have the little rubber jackets for your Wii remotes then, FOR GOODNESS SAKE, USE THEM! (Ours had been removed when playing Guitar Hero and never put back on again - they're back on now, we have learnt our lesson!)
I'm sure there was some other stuff but I can't remember (I should really start writing blog ideas in my to-do book!) If you're on half term, then enjoy the rest of the break!