I must blog about this now before I forget - I have been very lax lately regarding awards as I think I got a couple that I neglected to blog about (& I forgot who they were from too, sorry! I do really appreciate them!), so when Jane at picciolo nominated me for not one but two awards this week I had to make a note in my to-do book so that I wouldn't forget!
The "Honest scrap" award and the "One lovely blog" award. Thanks so much Jane! For the honest scrap award I'm supposed to list 10 honest things about myself, so here goes:
1. At school, I hated needlework! I remember that we had to make an apron (for cookery lessons) and then I think I made another half apron and a really horrible blouse with a ruffled collar! Yuk!
2. I am really impatient - not a particularly good trait to have when children are involved!
3. When I was little I wanted to be a teacher - I now don't think that would've been the best move - for reason no 2 above!
4. I left school at 17 - half way through 6th form - as I had chronic glandular fever, which lasted 8 months, so I'm a drop-out!
5. I had my tonsils out at 18 (as soon as the glandular fever had gone) and 3 wisdom teeth out at 19.
6. I don't really eat much fruit or veg - I don't think I've ever had my 5 a day!
7. I love to sing at the top of my voice - when I'm alone in the house or the car!
8. I have never lived on my own. I went from living at home with the parents to living with Peter after we were married.
9. I've also never owned my own car - I borrowed my dad's car when I was at home, then drove Peter's once we got married. Even when we had 2 cars a couple of years ago, they were both in Peter's name! (the insurance for me would have been astronomical!)
10. However, I did pass my driving test first time! (unlike Peter who took 2 goes - sorry honey!)
I'm supposed to pass these awards on, but it's been a trying day (I spoke too soon yesterday - Joe had a bit of a paddy this morning, and has been really trying my patience again at bedtime!) If you want to do the 10 honest things then consider yourself tagged! Thank goodness it's Friday tomorrow - and William is coming home!! Yay! We've been getting lots of emails from them and it looks like they've had a fab time, but I can't wait to see him.