* Yesterday I wanted to crack on with the zippy pouches I still needed to make for the summer fair - it did not go well! First I realised that I had bought the wrong kind of interfacing (for the SECOND time running!) but I carried on, completely f***ed it up anyway and broke a needle in the process. Grrrr. Today I had another go, BROKE ANOTHER NEEDLE, but did at least manage to work out where I went wrong yesterday and produced one pouch. But I'm now so hacked off about it that I've decided not to make any more (just for the time being) - what I've made so far will have to be enough!
* Luckily, just at that moment the postman knocked, and delivered some canvas fabric, which meant I could make a start on the end of term gifts for Joe's teachers. I've decided to make them a simple tote bag each - I don't think you can ever have too many of those, especially when you have school books and stuff to lug around.
Usually we just make some fudge or brownies for the teachers but I really want to show my appreciation for everything that has been done for Joe, so figured that, hopefully, something handmade will be a bit more meaningful.
* Another lovely thing - in the playground this morning Kate, a TA who's recently been brought into Joe's class to work with him on a one to one basis, came up to me and said how much she loves working with Joe, "he's a little breath of fresh air" she said! It makes me feel so relieved & happy that the people who are working with him really do seem to care about him (and that he likes them too!)
* I think I may have spoken too soon - almost as soon as I had written that I would not be starting any more big projects for the summer, than I started to think that I really, REALLY wanted to start on another quilt!! But I will at least restrain myself until I've checked off all the other things on the list first!
* Speaking of which, I've had a few ideas for word play. When I think of sugar I think "white" - so I want to use some different white fabrics and then some white on white embroidery. Which means another trip to the fabric shop as I have no white embroidery thread!
Sorry for the randomness of this post, my mind seems to be a bit all over the place today!
Enjoy the rest of the week!