Edited to add: I'm adding to this list as I think of more things, and I'm highlighting the stuff I DON'T like in red.
For the Doll Quilt Swap, we are being encouraged to give as much information as we can about our likes and dislikes to, hopefully, make it easier for our partners to know what to make for us. Normally, of course, I would just email my partner and ask them but, as this is a secret swap, it all has to be done by stealth. Over the last few days I've been busy browsing through Flickr and adding lots of favourites, but thought I ought to put something here too. It's actually very difficult to try and put yourself into words! So I thought I'd have a go at doing it in an alphabet format. Again, pretty tricky, there are some letters that I just can't think of anything for! So here is my best shot - my quilting likes and dislikes alphabet!
- A - applique
- B - blue, birds, beach huts, bunting, not super keen on buttons
- C - colour, cupcakes, cotton
- D - dots
- E - embroidery
- F - flowers
- G - green, geometric designs, grey
- H - hearts, hand-quilting, houses
- I, J & K - blank!
- L - linen, lavender, log cabins
- M - modern
- N - blank
- O - not keen on orange
- P - pink, purple, pastels, picture quilts
- Q - quilts!
- R - rainbow, ribbon, red
- S - stripes, scrappy
- T - turquoise, trees, teacups, not overly fond of traditional quilting designs
- U - umbrellas
- V - vintage
- W - wonky, white
- X - blank!
- Y - not crazy about yellow or yo-yo's
- Z - blank!
There's only a couple of dislikes in there, I'm not sure if this will be any help or not, but it was certainly quite an interesting exercise. Hopefully we will be finding out our partners very soon - can you tell that I'm excited?!