I have so many things that I've been wanting to blog about, but finding it hard to focus at the moment! This is partly because there's just so much stuff buzzing around in my brain I can hardly concentrate on one thing for more than a few minutes, but mostly because I usually write my posts in peace and quiet, which is sadly lacking around here at the moment! There is always something going on in the background. (As I write, Will is in the living room watching How I met Your Mother, and I can hear Joe playing with the train track in his room above me, so do forgive me if I get a bit distracted!)
So, anyway, all this is a very long winded way of saying that this is going to be a bit of a mish-mash post of random thoughts.
* I posted off my Doll Quilt Swap parcel, and am now waiting for a quilt for me to arrive. I have been keeping a close eye on the Flickr group but have absolutely no idea which one is for me, so it will be a complete surprise. Exciting!
* I signed up for the Travelling Journal challenge being organised by Carina.
Now, I have never done any kind of scrapbooking or journalling (unless you count blogging), so this is a complete "chuck yourself in at the deep end" thing for me! The idea just really appealed to me and I signed up in a moment of impulse but I am really looking forward to it. The journal isn't due to get to me til the beginning of November, so I have plenty of time to think about what I might do with it.
* Kind of following on from that, I have recently found myself reading some blogs that are more art based (as opposed to crafting. Rightly or wrongly, I do think of them as two very different things - I, for example, have never considered myself to be arty, I never thought I was any good at art at school - but it's something that I have always wanted to have a go at.
* Which leads to this point - I am really tempted to sign up for the Experimental Art E-Course run by Amelia at 101 Bird Tales. There is a course starting in September but I'm going to wait for the next one and then decide. I think there will just be too much other stuff going on in the run up to Christmas.
* One of the things going on is the Early Birds Plus course which I am doing, starting at the end of September. This is a course for parents of children on the Autistic spectrum. The course was designed by the National Autistic Society and is run by local experts - a specialist teacher, speech & language specialist etc. My friend just recently completed the pre-school version of the course and found it very helpful. Joe's one-to-one teaching assistant will be coming too, so I hope we will get some useful stuff from it.
* September is also the start of prime birthday season in our family - in September alone we have Peter's, then my mum's, then William's plus various friends and other relatives, with more in October and November, leading us nicely up to Christmas. I haven't even really thought about presents yet, but need to get my act together. Argh, my brain is hurting just thinking about it...
Ok, that's it, I can't concentrate any more! I'm sure there was more stuff but it will have to wait til next time. I hope I haven't bored you all rigid, I'll try and have some pretty sewing or something to show you next time (or a doll quilt, fingers crossed!)
Enjoy the rest of the weekend!