The summer holidays are almost over. The kids go back to school on Monday and I will have the house to myself again. It's been lovely having them around but we've floated rather aimlessly through the holidays, not doing anything very much, and it's time we all got back into a routine. There hasn't been much in the way of either crafting or housework, so I have loads to catch up on! I'm hoping that, by writing it all down here, that will spur me on and I will actually get stuff done. So, here is my list of priorities for the next few weeks.
* Get back on track with the housework! Never my strong point, but I have recently signed up to emails from Habithacker, in the hope of finally getting myself into some kind of routine. It always feels rather futile trying to do housework when the kids are around, so I really need to have a bit of a blitz.
* Planning for my Quilt Along with Rhonda. I actually have managed to do some preparation for this, but there is more to be done. We are going to kick it off on the 21st Sept (and Rhonda has interviewed me for her podcast - eek!) Watch out for more details in the next couple of weeks... Here's a little sneaky peak though.
* Re-stock my etsy shop. It has been sadly neglected over the last few months but I'd really like to try and make a go of it and try and make a little extra money. (Especially with "you know what" approaching...)
* Start doing some exercise. Ahem. Let's just say that I am not a particularly active person and I enjoy my sweeties a little too much! So I need to take some action - I am well prepared with a stepper machine, wii fit and various games/dvds so, hopefully, I will make it a regular habit. Please feel free to quiz/pester me on this - it's probably the only way I will actually stick to anything!
* I also want to make a start on my "heathers" quilt.
I've collected all my fabrics and have actually started cutting out 7.5" squares, but it'll be a little while before any sewing commences!
I hope it won't be too long before I can start crossing things off. Watch this space...