The sun has been shining today for what feels like the first time in ages! I hope it hangs around so we can get out of the house a bit more. Whilst it's very nice not having to go out on the school run in the rain, we do tend to go a bit stir crazy if we're stuck inside because of the weather. I can't believe how quickly the time is whizzing by, I'm afraid I'm going to fob you off with another list, because that's still about all I can manage!
* Last time when I described home-school as feeling "easy" I was really referring to being at home with J all day. The actual teaching/learning bit is a wee bit harder, as I have well and truly learned this week! It has been a little ... trying, shall we say? The things that I want him to do most are all things that he really doesn't want to do at all, and when he doesn't want to do something, he just won't do it! So we had a couple of tricky days when I was pulling my hair out a little, but I decided to chill out a little yesterday and today has been better. I know there will be plenty more ups and downs like that, I guess I just need to keep thinking of the bigger picture. And I still need to work on finding some "me" time as well.
* This morning was a good mail day! First of all was an envelope which I guessed contained my name tag for the Fat Quarterly retreat, but I was slightly flummoxed by the return name & address on the back of the envelope. It had come from "Mandy" in Hampshire, but the only Mandy I knew of in the group lives in Oz! Little did I know that she was already over here, as it was indeed from her!
I absolutely love it!!! I cannot wait to meet Mandy in person, she is a very special blog friend as we share our unusual surname (although I'm fairly sure there is no family connection, but how cool would it be if we discovered there was?)
* I also discovered that the tag I had made has arrived safely with it's new owner, Claudia, and she seems to like it! Big sigh of relief!
* I am starting to panic slightly because I still haven't made my samples for the retreat sample swap. I turned one of my teeny tiny blocks into a pincushion as planned, but it's so small, I'm just not sure that I'm happy with it. So back to the drawing board...
* Also in the mail today was a naughty fabric purchase : a jelly roll of Athill Range by Cabbages & Roses, which was on sale at Simply Solids.
This is going to be turned into a quilt for someone who I really should have made a quilt for by now but haven't. Goodness knows if I'll actually find the time to do it, so watch this space. In the meantime though, I'm enjoying just looking at it, the prints are all so very pretty!
Have a great weekend!