Oh dear, I'm not doing very well at this blogging lark at the moment, am I? Time is slipping away from me - the will to blog is there but finding the time in which to do it is proving a little tricky, not to mention lack of subject matter. There's not an awful lot going on at the moment, apart from home-school stuff. At times like this, I think a list always works quite well, so that is what you're going to get!
* Home-school is going - okay! I'm slightly surprised by how easy it is feeling, which probably means I'm not trying hard enough, but I'm consciously trying to keep things fairly laid back, for now at least, while we really get into the swing of things. I am insisting on J doing a little bit of "real" work each day - reading, handwriting practice and basic maths - (as well as other, more fun, activities!) in return for which he can earn time on his beloved computer games, and that seems to be working. He seems pretty unstressed too, and doesn't seem to be missing school, so that is good.
* I did manage to find some time to make a couple more blocks for the Siblings Together project, which have been sent to Maria, who had kindly volunteered to make up a quilt top.
* That is the only sewing I have to show you.
* However, I have thinking about sewing quite a bit, and have finally got all the bits I need in order to complete W's new quilt, backing, batting, binding fabric, even the right quilting thread, so I have no excuses now for not just getting on with it. Oh, well apart from an active 9 yr old being at home all the time that is!!
* These two awesome FQs arrived on the doormat this morning - ordered with J in mind, obviously! They are sooooo cute! I was thinking of turning them into a pillow case but J has informed me that he wants a quilt in these fabrics. He may have to wait a while...
* I am feeling very excited about the Fat Quarterly Retreat, which is just a month away now! I have received my class list and need to start planning and preparing - oh, and finish the little pincushions that I started for the sample swap! I am so looking forward to meeting some of my lovely blog friends!!
That's all for now. Hopefully it won't be so long before I make it back again!