Five years ago I completed my second ever quilt, made with Ava Rose fabric by Tanya Whelan. You can see my post about it here. It remains one of my most favourite quilts and has been in constant use ever since, living on our sofa and being snuggled under on an almost daily basis! As a result though, it is starting to look a little bit worn because my original handquilting stitches are pretty much disintigrating!
In some places the stitches have worn away completely, so it needs to be requilted. I seem to recall that I used 3 strands of embroidery floss, but I will be using perle cottons this time! It's quite something, seeing how big and far apart those early quilting stitches were! I can see how much my handstitching has improved. My current WIP quilt has been sent off to the lovely Emily for basting, so whilst I await it's return, this is the perfect project to be getting on with.