The Big One is finally finished! Actually, that's not strictly true - I have to confess that I gave up on the handquilting with just a few inches (of whole quilt width) to go, as I was fed up with the edges getting tattier and tattier, so I got on and bound it and it went in the wash yesterday so I'm calling it done! I can catch up on the last little bits of handquilting whenever I feel like it, but it's no big deal that it's not done, or even if it never gets done! I'm just glad to get it finished. I do love it but it was a bit of a monster. Thankfully, Emily's basting did a wonderful job of keeping all the layers behaving themselves. As much as I would love to send a quilt out to be "longarmed", I simply cannot justify the cost, so getting it basted was as much as I could get away with, but it was entirely worth it.
Please try to ignore the big crease about 3/4 of the way down, that's where it was draped over the washing line to dry!
And that's the back. Pieced from a whole mishmash of FQs and whatever yardage I could find. Don't ask me for all the deets - I don't think I've ever listed them for any other quilt anyway! But it is big enough for our double bed, and I am looking forward to sleeping under it come the summer (assuming we get one, that is!)